Protecting Your Rights & Fighting for Your Compensation
If you or someone you love has been injured in an automobile accident due to someone else’s misconduct or negligence, contact Moore Bradley Myers Law Firm today. Our car accident lawyers in Columbia are experienced in this area of law and have a long track record of successful outcomes.
We can effectively navigate you through the legal process while fighting for the fair and full compensation you are owed. You shouldn’t have to pay for the damages on your own, especially considering they weren’t your fault in the first place. With compensation, you can help pay for lost wages, damaged property, hospital bills, and more.
What to Do Following a Car Accident
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, there are several steps you should take in order to ensure you are protected legally and financially.
- Make sure that you are safe and out of harm’s way, and that everybody is not in any danger.
- Once you have made sure, exchange contact and insurance information with all other parties involved so that you are able to reach them at a later date if needed. Our attorneys recommend writing down details of the accident shortly after it happens so that you don’t forget and so you can use the information as evidence later on.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident if it is safe to do so. Pictures say 1,000 words and are infinitely more valuable than verbal testimony, especially for jurors and insurance claims adjusters.
These are several steps that our car accident lawyers in Columbia recommend you take:
- Seek medical attention. While you may not feel injured, some injuries such as brain injuries, damage to the internal organs, and certain bone injuries do not make themselves immediately apparent. A doctor’s official examination could also be invaluable evidence later on.
- Call the police. The proper authorities will be able to clear the scene of the accident and take an official account of what really occurred. If you fail to notify the police after an accident, it is essentially your word versus the other party’s that was involved.
- Be careful of what you say. Insurance adjusters, first and foremost, care about their company’s revenue above all else and will work to undermine your case. Be careful in answering their questions because they may try to prove that you were at fault, even if you are completely innocent of any wrongdoing.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
If you are looking to retain our legal services, we invite you to visit our West Columbia or Saluda office to discuss your case.
Call (803) 796-9160 or fill out our online contact form to take the first step.
“Living out of state and with few connections in Columbia I found Moore Taylor Law Firm and Will Edwards through this site (Lawyers.com). As such, I couldn't really be sure what to expect. Thankfully, I found someone who listened, understood and provided prudent counsel. It was not only a pleasure to work with Will, but his manner was profess...
“ETHICS! I came in worrying that this would be a situation that is nothing more than trying to slam my Ex-wife into oblivion. I didn't want this at all. He made it clear that his ethics would not allow the terrible fears I had of unethical behavior be a part of this. He answered the call at all hours, surprising me at times, with his work sch...
Previous Client“Bill's calm and truthful nature helped ease my stressful divorce. He stuck to the facts, was available to answer questions in a timely manner, demonstrated professionalism of a rare nature, and listened patiently. He came highly recommended and has an excellent reputation among colleagues for very good reason.”
“I was going through a very difficult custody battle. When Mr.Fortino agreed to represent me, it was apparent that his professionalism and dedication would lend itself positive results for me. Not only was he very diligent and persistent, he continuously kept me informed on my case and dedicated many endless hours to ensuring positive results...